Wednesday, April 13, 2016

It's March

Sorry the last few entries have been pretty lackluster. A lot of telling and not a lot of engagement or even decent jokes. For some reason it's harder for me to convey happiness than it is frustration or sadness and lately things have been pretty cool. Sad and frustrated motherhood blogs are interesting because that is the stuff that all moms feel but don't like to admit. That's the stuff that other moms read when they're at the end of their ropes and think "thank god, I'm not the only person who feels that way!" I like being candid, it goes hand-in-hand with being a real human being. I guess it's because typing up a paragraph of how amazing your child is runs the risk of containing a lot of cliches like "light of my life" "my whole world" "my heart outside of my body" and a million other overused momisms. OK we know I love her, we know she is awesome. No reason to bore my readers to death about it, you can find that on every other mom blog ever made; probably on the mom blog with the vegan toddler named Quinoa Chrysanthemum who has never eaten a booger in her entire life.

So

While this started as a motherhood and pregnancy blog it is now simply a life blog as not to limit myself from talking about other goings-on. You see, I'm in the works of having a short story published on an online review and in my bio I have provided the link to this blog, therefore I should keep it fresh and updated so newcomers don't think I've already dipped out of the writing experience.
(If you found yourself here from Ampersandlit.com welcome!) I kind of stopped writing for awhile because I felt like there was nothing left to say about motherhood at this point in time, although I know that the future will bring more. Things have fallen into place. While I'm still far from professional mother figure I feel like I've at least got it down to where there is nothing new to share. Diapers, walks, wipes, and bottles, you can guess how it goes.

As attest to my novice status I will admit that I cracked up while reading nursery rhymes when I found this little gem

"Sleep baby, sleep
father will guard the sheep
mother will shake the dreamland tree...."

And here is where I lost it. What? I most certainly do not shake "dreamland trees" while you sleep. I do nothing of the sort. I am beside you, sleeping as well. So don't kick me in the fat pouch.

another unfinished lackluster post, written in march published in April.




No comments:

Post a Comment