Friday, July 31, 2015

Onward (incomplete)

Well I failed.
But I've never felt better about failure.

This class used to give me panic attacks. I spent so much time studying and dreading the next class that I wasn't enjoying my pregnancy or my life. Now that it's out of here I have a lot more time, I focus easier on my other class, and most importantly I don't feel like I'm gonna have a heat-attack at any given moment. Though I have failed I feel more hopeful, mostly because whatever my next endeavor is, undoubtedly it will go over better than that did. As for my next endeavor, it's looking like I may sit out the next semester at Santa Fe. Unless I can find another single semester class (one that isn't excruciatingly difficult) school will directly conflict with the whole birthing and being a mother to a newborn. Most fall classes will be ending in December, one month too late. Then again do I really wanna waddle around campus in the last trimester? No. I really don't.

So until later, what I'm doing is what I will be doing. Just what I wanted, existing, and nothing more. Having all this time on my hands seems ideal to start a project or two. We were considering building a chicken coop but is backyard construction an ideal hobby for a pregnant lady? Yeah why not? OK I'm gonna do it. I have $400 worth of Santa Fe money and only one extremely easy basic computing class. Plenty of time, and I've built a chicken coop and scratch yard before. So yeah maybe that will be a thing.

In case you hadn't heard, I took an oil painting class last semester and I was pretty successful. I got an A and was urged to keep painting by the teacher and fellow classmates, who seemed to really admired my work. The thing with painting is that you have to do a lot of practicing before they're worth even $20, and I don't really like having dozens of sub-par practice paintings strewn all about the place....but you gotta make em to surpass that. I still do have all my supplies but I don't know, that is still up in the air. Also it tends to be messy.
I painted this watermelon by myself with some quick instruction from Lisa. I think I did such a good job on it because I really really wanted to eat it and I told myself I couldn't touch the model until the painting was done.

Then there's this blog. I enjoy writing but really I wish I could write fantasy stories, not a dull account of goings-on in my life. The thing is, I don't really know how or where to start. I was hoping Santa Fe offered some kind of creative writing class but alas, it's only journalism. A perfectly boring and respectable alternative to something fun and interesting. Heh. Isn't that just how college is? Takes the fun right out of everything.

My dad gave me a guitar, I still have two ukuleles, and a violin. I could practice those, I pretty much suck at all of them right now. So...yes there's a lot of room for improvement.

*********************

In other news, I said this would never become a product endorsement blog but the time has come where I found a product so amazing I would be a big bitch not to share. Anyone who has been pregnant or is pregnant knows that sleeping turns into bullshit. Between your back hurting and legs thrashing, being harassed from the inside by a parasitic tyrant, and finding a comfortable position to support your belly sleep really goes out the window, until I found this baby. Just look at that prego lady, she looks comfy as shit, it's cause she is. I mean you'll still  be kicked from inside and you'll still need to kick your legs around but at least you will be comfy. Really really comfy.

I mean of course you could  just use 3 or 4 regular pillows but good luck keeping them in place when you toss and turn. The first night I had this I slept so good I dreamed I was at a college pool party with tribal glow paint on my face, in-line skating underwater in a pool with an partially exploded coke can. Yeah it's that extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment